On Friday, January 20, 2017 the Inauguration Ceremony will take place for the next President and Vice President of the United States of American. Chief Justice John Roberts, Jr. will administer the Presidential Oath of Office to Donald Trump and Justice Clarence Thomas will administer the Vice Presidential Oath of Office to Michael Pence. This will mark the 58th Presidential Inauguration.
The RRC Library plans to broadcast the Inauguration event on the digital message board in the main room of the library without sound and with closed captioning.
Additional information about this Inauguration Ceremony or other past ceremonies can be found at the following sites:
- Presidential Inauguration 2017 (USA.gov)
- Swearing-In Ceremony (Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies)
- U.S. Presidential Inaugurations (Library of Congress)
- Inaugurations: Stepping Into History (Library of Congress)
- Inaugural Addresses, text & video/audio if available (The American Presidency Project)
To learn more about inaugural events please “come in and find out more.”